Covid-19 Clinic Policy
Committed to ensuring your safety and the safety of our staff.
1. You must contact us to cancel your appointment (at no charge) if: you are experiencing fever, cough or any flu/cold-like symptoms or are feeling unwell; you have been in close contact with someone experiencing these symptoms in the last 14 days; or if you have travelled in the last 14 days. *As of November 19th, the Provincial Health Organization has restricted all non-essential travel outside of one's immediate community. As such, if you have left the island or have been in close contact with someone who has within 14 days, your treatment must be postponed.* If you have symptoms consistent with Covid-19, also call 8-1-1 immediately. Please have a look at this BC assessment tool 1 day prior to your treatment for a double-check:
2. We have a mandatory mask policy for both patients and practitioners. Please wear a mask upon entry to the clinic and maintain wearing it both in the reception area as well as in the treatment room. Re-usable is fine. If you do not have one, we can provide one. Due to limits in
availability, please try to bring your own. If you can not wear a mask due to a health condition, please contact us to discuss the best option for you.
3. Wash your hands before your appointment and sanitize upon arrive to the clinic. Please refrain from touching your face. If you need to cough or sneeze, please do so in a tissue or in
your sleeve at the elbow and sanitize your hands immediately after.
4. Please consider our washrooms for emergency-use only. Come prepared for your treatment as best you can. If you must use the washroom on-site, please continue to wear your mask while
using the facilities.
5. Please arrive no more than 3-5 mins before your start time. Your practicioner may take you in a few minutes earlier or later as indicated by their day. You are welcome to wait outside to avoid contact with other individuals in the building or you can come upstairs and sit on the white chair across from the treatment room (while wearing your mask over your nose and mouth).
6. For contactless payment, please ensure you have updated your patient profile with a
valid credit card for payment of fees due. Jane App is HIPPA Compliant, which means it's about as secure as it gets, so don't worry about safety. Its encrypted, so nobody on our end can see the card numbers.
7. Attend your appointment alone, unless it is medically necessary to bring another person. If this is the case, please contact us prior to your treatment. Please make arrangements for childcare, as no additional people will be permitted to accompany patients into the clinic unless it is medically necessary.
8. Minimize the number of belongings you bring to avoid clutter and contamination.
9. Bring your own water, as we will not be allowed to provide water in the waiting area.
10. We will put the health and safety of our practitioners and patients first, and refuse service to anyone who does not follow these protocols. No exceptions.
We can assure you that we've gone above and beyond to make your experience here positive, enjoyable and therapeutically beneficial, while maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and safety.
What you can expect from us:
1) Treatment rooms are cleaned between patients in accordance with the guidelines and standards established by the BCCDC, the PHO, and our professional regulatory body (the
CMTBC), association (the MTA) and Worksafe BC. Although the bathroom is being cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the day, it is a shared bathroom, so please consider it to be for emergency use only. We are ensuring additional time between
treatments to avoid patient overlap and to guarantee social distancing.
2) All equipment used during your treatment has been stored, transported, cleaned, disinfected, sterilized, and/or sanitized in accordance with the guidelines and standards established by
BCCDC, the PHO, and our professional regulatory body, association and Worksafe BC.
3) All linens used are clean at the time of use, and will be laundered immediately after your treatment with hot water, soap, and bleach. All linens are cleaned and stored according to the guidelines established by the BCCDC, the PHO, and our professional regulatory body,
association and Worksafe BC.
4) Your RMT will practice proper hand hygiene and PPE protocols during every shift during the current Covid-19 pandemic.
5) Your RMT will take reasonable steps to stay informed of the nature of Covid-19, the current
status of the pandemic, and any directives or guidelines provided by the BCCDC, the PHO, and our professional regulatory body, association and Worksafe BC regarding the current Covid-19 pandemic.
6) Your RMT may cancel appointments without notice if she feels unwell or suspects she may have had contact with an infected person. Your RMT will NOT practice in any capacity if she is